Pages

Subscribe:

Friday 10 October 2014

Day 29 - BHS Welcomes Our New Teachers - Jenn Scheffer - BPS Mobile Learning Coach

BHS is proud to introduce this year’s new teachers and staff. We have five, new faculty members joining the Burlington community, along with a new permanent substitute teacher. Please take a moment to learn more about each of our new faculty members.
Krista Anderson-BHS Business/Marketing Teacher
Krista Anderson-BHS Business/Marketing Teacher
Krista Anderson- BHS Business Department 
What grade level and courses are you teaching at BHS?
“I teach all grades. I have mostly Freshmen and Sophomores in my Intro to Business Classes and Juniors and Seniors in my Sports and Entertainment Marketing and Intro to Marketing Classes.”
How long have you been teaching and where did you teach previously?“This is my 10th year. I taught previously at Wilmington and prior to that in New Jersey when I first started teaching. I was glad to return to MA, the state where I grew up.”
What did you do as a profession before becoming a teacher?“Prior to teaching I was in Sales and Marketing for Baxter Healthcare, AT&T and Experian.”
What do you like best about BHS so far?“I love the freedom and convenience the technology gives here. The students also work hard in my classes and I like that work ethic.”
Are you involved in any clubs/organizations or coaching positions at BHS?“I am involved with running DECA and helping out at the school store. DECA will start up with a kick-off meeting October 8 and is open to any student who has or is taking a business class. The DECA students will be involved in business competition at the local, state and national levels. I’ve been running DECA clubs every year I’ve been teaching.”
What do you do in your free time? Hobbies/interests, outside of education?“Family time with my husband, son, daughter and dog. Mostly I’m driving to and from and watching my kids sports events. Our family loves fishing and water skiing on our boat during the summer. I love to read and take long walks with the dog in the woods all year. I tend to spend too much of my free time doing home improvements so I often have paint somewhere on me!”
Are you active on any social media sites that you would like to share with our audience?@mrsandersonbhs (I mostly tweet out business articles relevant to my classes and some DECA stuff)”
Michael Ress- BHS Science Department 
Michael Ress, BHS Science Department
Michael Ress, BHS Science Department
What grade level and courses are you teaching at BHS?“I teach 10-12 grade biology & environmental science”
How long have you been teaching and where did you teach previously?
“I taught for four years at Leominster High School.”
What do you like best about BHS so far?
“The kids are well mannered & come to class ready to learn each day. Also, the administration & other teachers are very helpful & welcoming.”
What do you do in your free time? Hobbies/interests, outside of education?“I like to go camping & keep in shape.”
Are you active on any social media sites that you would like to share with our audience?I have a Google site for my class which is bit.ly/RessRef
Kyle Blanchette-BHS Math Department
Kyle Blanchette-BHS Math Department
Kyle Blanchette- BHS Math Department 
What grade level and courses are you teaching at BHS?“I am currently teaching Algebra I and Geometry.”
How long have you been teaching and where did you teach previously?
“This is my second year teaching and before teaching at BHS I taught at Wilmington High School.”
What do you like best about BHS so far?
“The staff, students and technology.”
Are you involved in any clubs/organizations or coaching positions at BHS?“I coach JV lacrosse at Wilmington High School.”
What do you do in your free time? Hobbies/interests, outside of education?“I enjoy golfing and fishing.”
Are you active on any social media sites that you would like to share with our audience?
My web address is bhsblanchette.wix.com/mathblog
Christine Concesion-BHS Health & P.E. Department
Christine Concesion-BHS Health & P.E. Department
Christine Conceison- BHS Health & P.E. Department
What grade level and courses are you teaching at BHS?
“Sophomore Intro to Wellness and Senior Wellness to Seniors”
What did you do as a profession before becoming a teacher?This is my first  year teaching. After graduating from college, I served with AmeriCorps for two and a half years. I served with one program traveling in the southern region of the US doing different service projects for one year and after that lived in New Orleans rebuilding homes for Hurricane Katrina survivors.
What do you like best about BHS so far?The overall atmosphere. Having graduated from BHS, there are some days I feel like I never left. I am now learning from and working with teachers I had as a student and I am getting a whole new perspective of the school. Overall the welcoming atmosphere daily makes it a great place to work.”
Are you involved in any clubs/organizations or coaching positions at BHS?“I am the JV girls volleyball coach this fall and will be helping out with the girls ice hockey team in the winter.”
What do you do in your free time? Hobbies/interests, outside of education?“Coaching youth sports and if anyone knows about youth hockey, it takes up most of my free time!”
Breanne Sette-BHS English Department
Breanne Sette-BHS English Department
Breanne Sette- BHS English Department 
What grade level and courses are you teaching at BHS?“I am a part-time teacher at BHS, teaching the 9th and 12th grade English.”
How long have you been teaching and where did you teach previously?
“This is my 7th year teaching.”
What (if anything) did you do as a profession before becoming a teacher?
“Before I taught, I worked in customer service for a mutual fund company and an insurance company.”
What do you like best about BHS so far?
“I like the people and how willing they are to work with me and help me out.”
What do you do in your free time? Hobbies/interests, outside of education?“I spend my free time with my daughter, Lily, who is turning two this month!”
Are you active on any social media sites that you would like to share with our audience?“I use Google Classroom and Google Sites.”
Angela D'Allesandro-BHS Permanent Substitute Teacher
Angela D’Allesandro-BHS Permanent Substitute Teacher
Angela D’Allesandro-BHS Permanent Substitute Teacher

What grade level and courses are you teaching at BHS?“All of them; I’m a permanent substitute.”
How long have you been teaching and where did you teach previously?
“I have taught English since 2004, off and on, at Danvers High School, Bedford High School, Chelsea, and Stoneham Middle School.”
What (if anything) did you do as a profession before becoming a teacher?
“I have worked as an Administrative Assistant and a Corporate Trainer.”
What do you like best about BHS so far?
“The students; they have been so great, well mannered and well behaved. They are all around great kids which makes my job much easier and fun.”
What do you do in your free time? Hobbies/interests, outside of education?“As an English teacher, my hobbies need to include reading and writing but I also make jewelry, enjoy hiking with my dog, and spending time with my family.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment